CALL FOR ABSTRACTS!
THE 12TH AIWEST-DR SENDAI 2019
AIWEST-DR was first launched in 2005 as part of Syiah Kuala University’s contribution to ensure the transmission of the experiences, lessons and research drawn from the 2004 Sumatra Earthquake across the regions and countries at risk of a tsunami. The members of TDMRC (Tsunami and Disaster Mitigation Research Center) have taken the step to globalize their conference by offering Tohoku University the opportunity to organize AIWEST@SENDAI 2019. This year’s theme will be “Raising Tsunami Awareness, Reducing Tsunami Risk: Sharing Tohoku-Aceh Experience, Knowledge and Culture.” We wish to celebrate the long partnership between Tohoku University (IRIDeS- International Research Institute of Disaster Science) and Universitas Syiah Kuala (TDMRC-Tsunami & Disaster Mitigation Research Center). It will also be an opportunity to draw comparative studies between the 2004 Sumatra Earthquake and Tsunami and the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake.
Last but not least, it will be an opportunity to further our application of the UN Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR) endorsed in Sendai in March 2015. To reach these goals, we invite all researchers, practitioners and policymakers to contribute to this long conversation between Indonesia, Japan and beyond, to raise tsunami awareness and develop the culture of risk prevention. This event will take place in coordination with the World Bosai Forum, November 9-12, and the World Tsunami Museum Conference, November 8, 2019.
Prospective presenters in AIWEST-DR are invited to submit their abstracts that consist of not less than 250 words with title and affiliation and five keywords following the abstract. The papers to be presented in this conference must have not been presented, accepted for publication or published elsewhere. The abstract should be submitted before July 1, 2019 and the full paper should be uploaded before October 1, 2019. All submitted papers will be subjected to a review process. The abstract should explain the brief background of the paper, objectives, methods, and important findings.
All submitted full papers will be subjected to a review process and those successful invited to be published as part of the conference proceedings (Scopus-indexed IOP Proceeding).
The scope of the AIWEST‐DR 2019 are expected to cover the following topics
(but are not limited to):
- Geohazards, Technology and Infrastructure;
- Disaster Culture and Knowledge
Coastal City Resilience Towards Natural Hazard;
- Knowledge management for Disaster Risk Reduction;
- Disaster Risk Financing and Insurance;
- Human Security and Disaster Medicine;
- Policy Making for Sustainable Disaster Risk Reduction;
- Hydro-meteorological Hazards and Climate Changes;
- Tsunami Numerical Modeling and Its Applications;
- Resilient City Planning; Evacuation Planning and Training;
- Disaster Education;
- Emergency Handling and Psychological Dimension of Responses;
- ICT Application in Disaster Management;
- GIS and Remote Sensing for Disaster Management;
- Local and Indigenous Knowledge for Disaster Risk Reduction;
- Applied Geosciences for Disaster Risk Reduction;
- Effective Recovery, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction;
- Paleo-tsunami and Paleo-seismic studies;
- Disaster Management in Religious Perspective;
- Progress of SFDRR implementation.
- Professor Yasuo Tanaka (Universiti Tunku Abdurrahman, Malaysia)
- Prof. Marwan (Universitas Syiah Kuala);
- Dr. Hizir Sofyan (Universitas Syiah Kuala);
- Dr. Dirhamsyah (Universitas Syiah Kuala);
- Dr. Khairul Munadi (TDMRC, Universitas Syiah Kuala).
Conference Dates and Details:
|Date||November 7-8, 2019|
|Venue||TOHOKU UNIVERSITY, Sendai, JAPAN|
|Organizer||IRIDeS (International Research Institute of Disaster Science), Tohoku University|
|Co-Organizer||TDMRC (Tsunami and Disaster Mitigation Research Center), Syiah Kuala University|
|Important Dates||Deadline for Abstract Submission:||JULY 1, 2019|
|Abstract acceptance:||AUGUST 1, 2019|
|Full Paper Submission:||OCTOBER 1, 2019|
|Registration presenters:||OCTOBER 1, 2019|
|Conference:||NOVEMBER 7(AM) -8 (AM), 2019|
|Field trip (1/2 day):||NOVEMBER 7 (PM), 2019|
|Inquiry||aiwest2019[at]irides.tohoku.ac.jp ＊[at] should be replaced with @.|